Whether you’re simply a viewer of TVPages or have a TVPage account, this page explains how we use your information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy, covering the following:
- The Information we Collect;
- What we do with the Information;
- Your Choices.
The Information we Collect
The information we collect helps us provide an overall better service. There are two types of information that we collect; (1) information that you provide, and (2) information that we get from the use of our services.
- Information that you provide. When you sign up for a TVPage account, we ask for personal information that personally identifies you, such as your name and email address. You also have the option of uploading your photo and further identifying yourself on your account profile. The information on your profile and TVPages is publicly accessible.
- Information we get from the use of our services. We may collect information about your use of our services, whether on our website or other websites. This information includes:
- Usage Details
When you use our services, we may collect and store certain information on our servers, such as IP Address, details of how you used the services, and identifiers such as cookies.
- Your Device
We may collect device-related information, such as hardware model, browser type, and operating system version, which may further include unique numbers referencing, for example, the operating system type and application version number. We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
We may send one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device to collect and store information when you visit our services, whether on our site or other websites.
- Usage Details
What we do with the Information
We use the information we collect to operate, improve and protect our services and our users. We may also use the information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results or ads, for which we may use information collected from cookies and other identifiers.
Your profile and all TVPages that you create are public, as part of the Services. When you contact TVPage, we may retain a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
TVPage processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world, and may therefore process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
It is important for us to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices. For example, you can view and edit your personal information at any time.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, note that our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can share information with others, as part of our services. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of TVPage without your consent, unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- LegalWe will share personal information outside of TVPage if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Services, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of TVPage, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect TVPage and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to TVPage employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations with serious consequences for failing to meet these obligations.
Your privacy matters to TVPage. We regularly review compliance. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Dated: July 1, 2012